- RSS Channel Showcase 5966701
- RSS Channel Showcase 5195452
- RSS Channel Showcase 7683989
- RSS Channel Showcase 2209745
Articles on this Page
- 08/15/09--21:59: _Elma Napier’s Black...
- 04/19/11--19:09: _Dominica’s Lennox H...
- 04/19/11--21:31: _Dominica Times prof...
- 08/18/12--11:12: _Nature Island Liter...
- 10/02/12--12:41: _Lennox Honychurch a...
- 11/01/12--18:42: _Sabga laureate Lenn...
- 11/07/12--15:53: _Sagba Laureate Lame...
- 05/25/13--22:30: _The amazing sea bir...
- 01/29/14--20:56: _Historian Lennox Ho...
- 07/13/14--22:41: _Lennox Honychurch’s...
- 05/26/15--20:59: _Lennox Honychurch: ...
- 04/19/11--19:09: Dominica’s Lennox Honychurch Receives Award for Excellence
- 04/19/11--21:31: Dominica Times profiles Lennox Honychurch as he wins Sabga Award
- 08/18/12--11:12: Nature Island Literary Festival Showcases Caribbean Authors
- 11/01/12--18:42: Sabga laureate Lennox Honychurch to look at collapse of federation
- 11/07/12--15:53: Sagba Laureate Laments Lack of Unity in the Caribean
- 05/25/13--22:30: The amazing sea birds of Dominica
- 07/13/14--22:41: Lennox Honychurch’s new book described as “vital treasure”
One of the highlights of last week’s Dominica Literary Festival was a reading from Elma Napier’s memoir Black and White Sands, recently published by Papillote Press, by three generations of her family. Selections from the book were read by her daughter Patricia Honychuch, her grandson Lennox Honychurch, and her great-grand-daughter Petrea (pictured above). Elma Napier […]
On April 9, 2011, Dominica’s distinguished historian and political scientist Dr. Lennox Honychurch (second from the left) and Trinidad and Tobago’s Dr. Kim Johnson and Professor Surujpal Teelucksingh (both on right) received the Anthony N. Sabga Caribbean Awards for Excellence at a grand ceremony at Hilton Trinidad in St Ann’s. Present at the function were Michael K. Mansoor, […]
Dominica’s historian and social scientist Lennox Honychurch, the recipient of the Anthony N. Sabga Caribbean Award for Excellence (see post below), was profiled by Edward Lestrade in the Dominica Times to mark the award, which carries a stipend of $500,000 . Since I can’t think of anyone more worthy, I wanted to include the brief […]
The Antigua Observer comments on the goals and highlights of the recent Nature Island Literary Festival (NILF) in Dominica: The desire to create linkages among our literary artistes was one of the motivating factors driving the recently wrapped Nature Island Literary Festival (NILF) in Dominica. It made a conscious decision, as founder Alwyn Bully explained […]
Dr. Lennox Edward Honychurch, a citizen of the Commonwealth of Dominica, is renowned for his numerous publications. They include his seminal work, The Dominica Story: A History of the Island, the famous 1975 publication; the textbook volumes for Caribbean schools, The Caribbean People, first published in 1979; Our Island Culture, published in 1982; The Cabrits […]
One of the most contentious issues in the history of the Caribbean region will be back in the spotlight on Monday. Dr Lennox Honychurch of Dominica, an anthropologist and museologist, will address the question: Was the Federation of Caribbean states a viable option for the region, or was it just an unworkable ideal? in a […]
Leading Caribbean historian Dr Lennox Honychurch has lamented the failure of regional politicians to forge Caribbean unity and has criticised what he describes as unhealthy drive towards materialism which he says is being copied from the United States—Trinidad’s Guardian reports. Noting that only the UWI and the West Indies cricket team showed some semblance of […]
This charming account of an environmental/history centered cruise around Dominica with Lennox Honychurch as a guide by Dr. Sam Christian appeared in theDominica.net. I just came back from an amazing boat ride! Wish you were there! My trip was kindly arranged by my former Wesley High School student/Headgirl, Cora Richards and her most efficient friend […]
Lisa Paravisini-GebertMagnificent frigatebird
Caribbean historian Dominican Dr. Lennox Honychurch is pointing out the inequity between appointed senators and elected members of parliament and the problem this could pose for legislatures in the Eastern Caribbean. He also expressed doubt that the Caribbean will ever “come together” because of individualism, in spite of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) push towards an agenda […]
A new book by local historian, Dr. Lennox Honychurch which tells the story of the Maroons of Dominica, has been described as a vital treasure since very little has been done to honor the memory of the island’s African ancestors, Dominica News Online reports. “Negre Mawon: The Fighting Maroons of Dominica” was launched at the […]
From St Kitts and Nevis’ WINN. Follow the link below to listen to the report. Despite their emergence from a colonial past, heritage resources can today be successfully used for education, recreation and tourism. That assurance is coming from historian and anthropologist Dr Lennox Honychurch. Dr Honychurch spoke to the issue during a recent lecture […]
Lisa Paravisini-Gebertlennox honeychurch